Tuesday, August 13, 2013

mysterious object, made by me!

I made a thing!


(Ignore the dust on the ukelele. We'll get around to dusting soon...) It's supposed to be a pencil case, but is actually rather large and not very strong (see below). The pattern book said I would need interfacing if I was using lightweight fabric, but I thought this twill was pretty substantial. It totally can't stand up on its own, though. Maybe if the whole thing was smaller.


I skipped ahead in my 1-2-3-Sew! book. I made projects one and two, then skipped ahead to seven. Projects three through six wouldn't have helped me make this tube less wonky, though, as none of them have anything to do with cylinders. I found the instructions for this project somewhat on the terse side, but maybe that's just because I'm a bit of moron when it comes to stuff like this.

So yeah, I have no idea what I'll use it for. With the cute vegetable print, I want to use it in the kitchen, but it won't stand up with our wooden spoons in it. I'm almost tempted to fill it with sugar! That would be silly, though, wouldn't it? I'll find something.

2 comments:

  1. You could use it as a reusable produce bag, for when you go shopping! All you'd need to do is add a string to tie it shut or even add in a drawstring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The interfacing might have helped some, but not enough to make it super-stiff. Maybe put a tube of cardboard inside?

    ReplyDelete