Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Spring!!

I'm hoppin'
yes, indeed
I'm not stoppin'
no, sirree
This is my favorite time of year!

Spring started on September 1st. When I told Hugh that our northern hemisphere seasons change with the soltices and equinoxes or whatever, he responded, "Yeah, well, that's cuz you're all pagans."

All the cherry trees in our neighborhood started to bloom last week. They are in full glory now.





At the top of the photo, you can see the vine that runs across our front porch. I'm excited to see how leafy it'll be!


On Tuesday, day 4 of spring, it was 77°F! Or what we grew up calling "shorts weather." Heck, 77 is practically "running through the sprinkler weather." Funny enough, not that many people were wearing shorts. Some girls were wearing short skirts, but they wear those every day, and many had tights on.

Sadly, on Tuesday evening, the weather took a turn for the worse. It rained most of the early morning. Today, it is overcast, heavily windy, and down to 55°F. A 20 degree drop in one day. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, cherry blossom trees! Did I ever tell you about a poem I wrote about cherry blossom trees?

    ReplyDelete