Friday, May 04, 2012

So, I did something kinda stupid...

So, yesterday, I decided to try applying for an Australian visa. It was a very foolish thing to have done, as I wasn't exactly prepared, but I'd read that some people got theirs back really quickly. I decided to just give it a try, and didn't really remember until the payment page that it would cost me $270 for this "whim." Of course, afterward, my stomach started tying itself in knots realizing what a dumb thing I'd done.

But at 2am this morning (Seattle time), they sent me an email saying my application was approved. I have been granted a one-year visa to enter Australian. I have 12 months to enter the country, then will have 12 months to stay in the country from that point. I kind of don't know how to feel about it, since I really wasn't prepared for it. I just started a new job that I really like, and I'm cringing at the thought of telling them, "Thanks for training me! I'm gonna take this knowledge somewhere else now!" But tickets are significantly cheaper if I fly in early June, and besides, I miss my man!! Sigh, decisions, decisions.

5 comments:

  1. 12 months! Whoa. So what do you have to do actually stay in Austrailia? Get married? Cure cancer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yays!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! I can't wait to see you in a week and hear all about your plans in person!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's take this one day at a time, Johnny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you fly to Australia through Edinburgh...? Because you know, we could have some pizza and cider together (well, it's juice for me now and cider for you and Corrado!). We miss a lot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I miss cider and pizza and movies! I really wish I could fly Seattle-Edinburgh-Australia, but it would require covering quite a bit more distance. I will have to plan a trip over to you guys for soon, though. I'll save up all my pennies, I promise!

      Delete