Thursday, March 11, 2010

News!!!


So much to say! First off:

I HAVE BEEN GRANTED LEAVE TO REMAIN IN THE UK UNTIL 5 MARCH 2012!!!! Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!! (Also, the Royal Mail didn't lose my passport! Good work, guys!)

To celebrate, I stopped into T.K. Maxx to look for a belt (yes, that's a K and not a J; not entirely sure why they felt T.J. wasn't appropriate for the UK, or that T.K. wasn't appropriate for the US). Working at Brand A has made me obsessed with shopping, partly because I'm surrounded by gorgeous things that I can't have, and partly because I actually have to look nice and fashionable all the time, something my wardrobe has never had to contend with before. It needs just a touch of updating. So I bought a puka shell necklace, two shirts, and a weird but awesome knit belt from some charity shops yesterday.

£3.50 necklace
£6 top


£4.50 top


£1.99 belt


Then, at T.K. Maxx, I fell hopelessly, head over heels in love with a pair of shoes. Luckily, since they were in T.K. Maxx, they were not nearly as expensive as they would have been originally. Still, I did essentially spend the rest of my budget for the week on them (meant to last through Sunday). It's worth it, though. My love for these shoes is whole and complete, undeniable and unconditional. I can only hope I'll one day find a man about whom I feel the same way, but for now, I will concentrate my adoration on these shoes.

£24.99 shoes

Are they not the most beautiful things you've ever laid eyes upon? Yes, they are.

Also, bought a purple belt to go with my newish £10 Urban Outfitters dress.

£7.99 belt (more than I wanted to spend, but I liked
it more than anything else I've seen, so oh well)

2 comments:

  1. Yays for staying in the UK and retaining knowledge of the location of your passport!!!

    Woohoo for unlost mail!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how many times you said it, "T.K. Maxx" just sounds weird. Then again, "T.J. Maxx" isn't a great name either. Did anyone realize that name would be dated after 1992? (At the latest!)

    ReplyDelete