Tuesday, February 02, 2010

X-P

I've totally failed on the photo-a-day thing. Totally. I'm sure no one is surprised, least of all me. Also, I'm failing on the positive thinking thing. Job hunting makes me crabby.

Life sucks. Adulthood sucks. I sent off my visa extension application today and was immediately filled with a sense of dread. I'm not sure if they'll accept my bank statements, which in the end I had to print off from my online summary of transactions. That's right. I waited 10 days for the bank to send them to me, and they never arrived.

Now I'm trying to finish my application for the Peace Corps, but I'm becoming more and more convinced that I'll be rejected. On their website, they give suggestions for how to be a more competitive applicant, and they say that you basically need 3-6 months of experience of working in the types of projects you'd want to do for the Peace Corps.

Okay, no. Positive thinking. I WILL be accepted. I AM a strong candidate. It will all be okay. Now I just need to repeat that until I start believing it...

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll be accepted. While you may not have the recommended experience, you have a master's degree in the field (from a school with an awesome title, no less). I'm sure that will make up for the lack of professional experience. Don't worry. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you should feel good then, because you DO have experience in Uganda, which was about 3 months-ish, right?

    I know it is easy to feel discouraged. I have been too lately. But hang in there. You are awesome and if anyone can make it happen, you can!!!

    ReplyDelete