Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Flat-searching SUX!

I've been super clingy lately. I get upset when my friends aren't online or when I can't hang out with them because they're doing other things. How dare they have lives of their own! I just want to tag along everywhere they go like a little puppy.

The apartment search is going so-so. I went to see one yesterday. The room was gorgeous, the neighborhood was awesome, but it would be living with a 40-something woman who owns the house and has it decorated her way. I get the impression that what she's looking for is a quiet student who will stay out of the way. I can be that, but I don't want to. I want to spread out in the place I'm living. I want to make it mine a little bit. Or a lot bit. Though the room was really nicely decorated, the contract she wants me to sign says that I won't put anything up on the walls. I know I'm being picky and I have limited time to find a place, but it's important to me to be happy where I'm living for the next year. I may be a nomad these days, but that doesn't mean I want to live as if I'm just waiting for next year, or the year after that. I want to live my life now.

Anyway, I'm viewing another flatshare tonight. The two people living there sound cucky (sp?) and fun, so we'll see. It's in the same area as yesterday's, which I really liked. The room isn't as charming, though, but I could make it charming. It's more of a blank slate. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment