Monday, February 02, 2009

Don't Panic

I feel a bit of a mini panic attack coming on. Holly invited me out to Sussex for the night, because neither of us have classes on Mondays. I have a lot going on, but I figured it would be fine to leave town for one night. As I was going to bed in the guest room last night, I realized I should have stayed in London. It snowed a bunch overnight and now I'm stranded in Sussex indefinitely.

Reasons I should have stayed home:
1. I have a bit of a chest cold, and forgot my inhaler at home.
2. I decided against bringing my wellies, so now I just have sneakers to battle the snow.
3. If I had stayed home, I could have spent the day playing in the snow with everyone (though here, I can play in the snow with Holly, which is good.)
4. I'm now two days behind in my TB coursework, because I decided against bringing it.
5. I'm supposed to be going to a group work meeting at 12:30 at school.
6. I was possibly going to have dinner tonight with Izzi, though she may not even be available for it now.
7. I still haven't talked to Pops and Michele, which I feel really bad about (I forgot about our appointment on Saturday.)

That's about it, I guess. My sleep study that was supposed to be tonight got canceled due to snow, so I don't have to worry about missing that (or being too sick for it).

Adorable Alex from Georgia has never really seen snow before (except during a layover at the Detroit airport), and she called me this morning from London to see if school was cancelled. "How much snow is there in London," I asked.

"I don't know how to measure snow," she replied.

"Well, how many inches thick is it?"

"Um, well, my foot sinks into it."

Told you she was adorable.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally understand your anxiety. I had a little freak-out last night. Remember to use your important/urgent quadrant.

    Tell your cute friend Alex to grab a ruler and stick it in the snow. Oh, wait, do the Brits have rulers?

    ReplyDelete