Friday, January 30, 2009

Excuse me while I zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ah, sleep. Glorious, wonderful sleep. I just take it for granted that I can fall asleep immediately. This 3- or 4-day bout of insomnia hasn't made me more tired than usual, but it has still managed to affect me psychologically. Wednesday night, I decided to go to bed on time, at a decent hour, because I was feeling sick and wanted to rest up. So I went to bed at 10pm, but didn't fall asleep until around midnight. I think I would have been alright with that, if it hadn't been for some idiot calling my room phone at 1:30 in the morning! My room phone has the loudest, most shrill ring possible, so it sent a shot of adrenaline straight to my heart. Guess who couldn't fall back to sleep after that? I was so tired and so upset that I sobbed for a little while. Luckily, crying exhausts me, and so I was finally able to fall asleep, though it still took 20 minutes.

Last night, in a further attempt to get my sleep cycle back on track, I went to bed around 10:30. And guess what? I fell asleep like normal, within 5 min of hitting the pillow, then slept through the night until about 10 min before my alarm clock went off. Yay! Knock on wood that my insomnia cycle is broken for good.

Muffin, you better believe I'm gonna have bioluminescent arms! But they won't be my real arms, they'll have to be under my skirt, which poses a bit of a decency problem. I suppose I could go around to all the boys and say, in a seductive tone, "Hey, sailor. Wanna see my bioluminescent arms?"

2 comments:

  1. Be careful around sailors. They're filthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and sometimes sailors have spinach breath. But maybe you're into that.

    ReplyDelete