Thursday, September 28, 2006

Hello, Again

My new job is AWESOME!! (and I’m not just saying that because I know my boss has my url; it really is awesome). I’m having so much fun. I can’t tell you any details of what I actually do, because it’s hush hush, top secret, and I’d have to kill you if I did, but suffice it to say that I’m saving the world and you all owe me a huge debt of gratitude (monetary thanks are not required, but always appreciated).

MASOCHISM

To celebrate my first day, I went over to Jacque’s apartment Monday night and partook of my most favoritest activity in the whole entire world: exercise! Yippee. I don’t know why I’m still friends with that girl…Oh, yeah, it’s because she fed me pizza and goldfish crackers.

QUALITY TIME WITH THE FAMILY

Amy: I went to the doctor today, and it turns out I don’t have strep throat.

Pops: They already got the lab tests back?

Jody: They can’t rule out strep that quickly.

Becky: Maybe they can. Maybe they have new techniques.

The entire family (yes, including me) then spends fifteen minutes debating (shouting over each other) whether or not strep throat can be diagnosed in less than 24 hours, whether or not Amy needs to find a new doctor, whether or not Kaiser doctors are as useless as Group Health doctors, whether or not Amy’s doctor is hot, thus causing Amy to overlook his inadequacies at diagnosing strep throat, and whether or not Amy will ever succeed to find and marry a hot doctor, like we’re all expecting her to do. I mean, who goes to USC to major in environmental studies? We all know her real motive…

THE JOY OF PETS

The dog got a bath in the downstairs bathroom, and now the walls are dusted with a layer or long, golden fur. It makes them look soft, like someone used carpet as wallpaper. It’s interesting to live with this dog; she sheds like a maniac and drools all over the kitchen floor, so you’re socks get wet from walking around and you have to watch out for fur in your food. Fun times!

Izzi, where is that letter you promised me? It had better be in the mail already, or else I’ll come hunt you down in London, and I so don’t want to have to do that.

3 comments:

  1. Haha. Okay, so we're only friends because I feed you pizza and goldfish, thus undoing all the good that the exercise did in the first place? Hmm... I don't know about this. Next time (and I mean Sunday morning!!!), there will be exercise, but no food! HA! See what whining gets you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha! You are SOOOO your mother's daughter! Exercise, BAD. Eating, GOOD. Sleep, EVEN BETTER.

    I, too, am working my way up to exercising. In fact, I bought a Yoga video and I am watching it at work today. This is my version of a warm up.

    I know, I know! I'm actually supposed to do the exercises at the same time, but come ON! I'm 50 freakin' years old! I'm fairly certain my body would NOT survive the shock of me going straight into an intense exercise session...

    Besides, I'm sick today. Amy gave me her sore throat and swollen glands. Ok, I didn't know about that Kaiser conversation, but, let me tell you, on day two, I thought, hm, this feels an awful lot like strep throat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you love your new job! That is so important.

    And they have these little tests at the doctors office calles "rapid strep tests" that they do that can tell you if you have strep of not, so your sister was not crazy and she may just have a hot doctor whom, if he is single, she should marry if she likes him. How do you like that? lol

    Exercise. BAD WORD. Hate it.

    ~Ronna

    ReplyDelete