Thursday, August 31, 2006

Would Somebody Please Hire Me?!?

Hello, everyone. Long time, no write. Or read, for that matter. I’ve been neglecting everyone, but at least I’m neglecting you all equally, right?

So we’re into week five since I applied for my two almost-ideal jobs, and I still haven’t heard from either of them. They have one more week before I write them off completely (ooh! A threat!) Meanwhile, I have an interview tomorrow (yay!) for a slightly-less-than-ideal job, which is certainly not too shabby. It’s the only interview I’ve had all summer, and beggars can’t be choosers, right?

I’ve been highly disturbed to notice lately that it only took one and a half months in Seattle for my tan to fade into oblivion. Toulouse starts to get hot and sunny in March, and by July, I had worked up the darkest tan of my life. Basically, I went from glaring, translucent white to a nice, human shade of peach. Traveling around France for three weeks (which I realize I still haven’t written about) especially helped my tan along, so that I thought I would nice and sort of golden until at least October. But no. Seattle is just so pathetically sunlit that less than two months here has erased all memory of a tan. And it’s not that it’s been cloudy here. There have been a fair number of sunny days, some of them as hot as 90 degrees F (32 C). I have got to get out of this town. I need more sun! Doesn’t make much sense, though, that my number one choice of city to go to is London. Whatevs!

I did what I could to remedy my tint condition by going to Wild Waves with Becky and John the other day. I think we were the only people over 20 years old without children. It’s good to be unique, though, right? It was sunny and pretty warm, and I managed to get only very slightly sunburned. Now I’m kinda tan again, so it’s all good.

Okay, enough inane babble for today. Wish me luck in the job search!

1 comment:

  1. The last time I went to Wild Waves it was August and it was stinking 60 degrees. FOR PETES SAKE!!! My kids wanted to go with their cousins when we were home from HAWAII where it is always warm and we were freezing.

    I love spokane. You should move here. It is nice and warm in the summer :)

    ~Ronna

    ReplyDelete